A PDF version of this can be Downloaded Here.
- Accepts to hold the Derby officials, sponsors, their agents, servants and/or employees, harmless from any liability of any nature for injuries or damages suffered by the entrant during the period of the derby.
- Are entitled to one main cash prize per category. Participants may enter more than one fish. If succeeding fish is larger, the smaller fish with least value will be withdrawn.
- If Prize(s) are not picked up prior to July 31st, 2018, prize will be forfeited. Any participants holding a ticket including event organizers etc. are eligible for any of the cash prizes.
- May enter Char (Char Division) over 7lbs only or Rainbow Trout (Rainbow Division) over 8lbs only caught in Stuart Lake by rod & reel with barbed or non-barbed hook and line. Tributary waters are excluded.
- Accepts that official weigh-in will not take place until the entrant presents their official derby registration ticket to the Weigh Master in charge and agrees all fish entered in the Derby must be weight in at an official Weigh Station by the Weigh Master on the day Caught. Must enter the fish whole, (not gaffed, gutted or snagged), and winner will be determined by the weight of the fish only. Fish will be examined for bleached and slimy gills, gaff marks, freezer burns, clouded eyes, unresponsive flesh-any of which can disqualify the fish. The decision is entirely up to the Weigh Master, and his/her word is final and not reviewable.
- Accepts that fish weigh is determined by full ounces only. No fractions of ounces will be recorded. Weigh Master will record fish in grams if a tie breaking criteria should two fish according to the date and time recorded on the fish entry form will be the winner. The second or subsequent fish, entered at the same weight will assume the next lower position, and so on until all positions are filled. Derby participants accept that the decision of the Weigh Master will be final and not reviewable in any form. Accepts after official weigh in is complete; the fish will be gutted and cleaned in the presence of the Weigh Master. All weighed fish must be gill punched by the Weigh Master.
- Have your Ticket with you at all Times and final ticket sales are Sunday 12:00 PM July 1st.
- Have a Valid British Columbia Non-Tidal Angling License, unless you’re exempt by law.
- Practice safe boating, and be courteous to others and comply with the Safe Boating Guide given out by Transport Canada (http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/marinesafety/TP-511e.pdf).
- Must comply with regulations set out in 2017-2019 BC Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.
- Accepts that all decisions made by the Derby Committee and/or Weigh Masters are final and not reviewable.
- Accept the official hours of the 3rd Binche’s Annual Weekend Fishing Derby
Friday June 29th – 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM / Saturday June 30st 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM / Sunday July 1st 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM / Monday July 2nd 6:00 AM to 12 noon
That the Official Hours of Operation for Weigh Station will be:
Friday June 29th – 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM / Saturday June 30th 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM / Sunday July 1st 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM / Monday July 2nd 6:00 AM to 12 noon
Welcoming BBQ for Ticket Holders Only Saturday June 30th 6PM – 8PM at the Binche Keyoh Community Centre
Ceremony for Prizes on Monday, July 2nd 2:00 PM at the Binche Keyoh Community Centre
Results will be posted at www.binchefishingderby.ca at the end of each day.
4 Weigh Stations:
- Tachie – Mouth of River
- Binche – In front of the Binche Keyoh Community Center
- Naklat – Naklat Lodge
- Fort St. James, Cottonwood Park
Where can we buy Non-Tidal Angling License?
BNK Automotive, Government Agent Office, Ace Hardware, and Binche Bay Store.
Where can I buy tickets?
Treasure Cove Casino (Prince George), Nechako Outdoors (Vanderhoof), Binche Bay Store, BnK Automotive (Fort St. James).
Your Safety is priority
Stuart Lake is known for quick weather changes; please tell someone where you will be fishing. If weather worsens, head for shore.
We suggest you buy an official marine chart of Stuart Lake in order to become acquainted with the layout of the lake, its hazards and channels. The RCMP and Conservation Officer Service will be present for the weekend of Fishing Derby- you may be stopped for a random check.
Radio communiqués: Use Marine Channel 68 for Boat-to-Boat Communication and Channel 16 (CB use Channel 9.) for EMERGENCIES.